Connecticut State Capitol - Hartford, CT
Crest Mechanical was contracted by the State of Connecticut to install two new hot water heating boiler plants in the penthouse level mechanical rooms of the historic State Capitol Building in downtown Hartford. The systems were scheduled to serve the upper floors of legislative offices, meeting rooms and conference areas.
The project included demolition of the existing steam systems, new electrical panels and feeds to new mechanical rooms, seven new high efficiency gas fired boilers, pumps, piping, a new DDC control system and new hot water coils throughout the air handling systems. The project was delivered on time within a strict deadline for the state of Connecticut.
Yale University, Academic Building - New Haven, CT
- Modular Air Handling Units, Panel Radiators, heat exchangers, pumps, fan coil units, steam condensate pumps and air separators, Chilled beam units and VAV boxes.
- All new registers, grilles, diffusers and all associated ductwork for 5 floors
- All new Chilled Water Supply & Return and new Hot water supply and return piping for 5 floors
- Steam Piping and steam Condensate from Yale campus system to new heat exchanger
- New domestic water supply throughout building
- New lavs, toilets, drinking fountains, urinals, janitors sinks and new water heaters
- New storm, vent and drainage system
- Fire Sprinkler system throughout the building
Hospital Observation Unit - Hartford, CT
Crest was hired by a well known construction manager to perform the plumbing and medical gas installations in a new observation unit at one of Connecticut's largest hospitals. Work included new plumbing fixtures & piping, medical gas equipment and devices, and thousands of fee of brazed medical gas piping. The project was completed within budget and on time over a tight installation schedule.
Norwich Free Academy - Classroom Building
Crest designed, engineered and built a completely new HVAC system for a renovated classroom building at Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, CT.
Work included HVAC design, new high-efficiency Variable Air Volume rooftop units, VAV boxes, exhaust fans, ductwork, refrigeration piping and associated HVAC controls.
Fairfield University - Recreation Complex
Crest was contracted by a well renowned General Contractor to perform the HVAC and Plumbing work at a new recreation complex for Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT.
The project included both renovation and new construction work. The mechanical scope included new locker rooms, shower facilities, plumbing fixtures, domestic hot water system, heat exchangers, hot water and steam piping, chilled water piping, ductwork, radiant ceiling panels, modular air handlers, rooftop units, energy recovery systems, and exhaust systems.
The building now serves at Fairfield University’s main recreation complex and training facility.